- Receipt of a high school diploma (or evidence that you have completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education), or
- A minimum of two years’ experience within the past five years in a job that requires at least two years of training.
For example, let’s say your background was as a Construction Carpenter. This is classified on O*Net as a Job Zone 2 occupation with an SVP range of 4.0 to <6.0. Therefore, this occupation will not qualify you for the DV lottery.
- The registration period will open for only 34 days and the entries must be submitted electronically (dvlottery.state.gov) betweenOctober 4, 2016 and November 7, 2016.
- Applicants are chosen by a computer-generated random lottery drawing.
- All entrants must check the website via Entry Status Check(dvselectee.state.gov) on or after May 2, 2017 to check whether they were selected.
- Because more individuals will be notified than there are green cards available, a registered applicant who wishes to receive a green card must be prepared to act quickly if they are selected.
- Entry Status Check is the only way you can find out if you are selected, and if so, how to proceed with your immigrant visa / Green Card application, including the appointment for your interview. So, do not lose your confirmation number!
Complete program rules and answers to Frequently Asked Questions are available at usvisas.state.gov/dv/instructions